Old 04-05-2006, 12:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

Default Plant I.D. Cattleya Batalanii 'Aqunii' x Laeliocattleya Drumbeat 'Heritage'

Drumbeat is a standard purple "floofy" catt, and C. Batalinii I have seen
tend to have green petals and sepals.

Being as it's the pod parent, I suppose some strange genetic thing could
happen, but I'd tend to expect purple over yellow.

"Duncan V" wrote in message
I recently saw a pic of Cattleya Batalanii 'Aqunii' x Laeliocattleya
Drumbeat 'Heritage' on the web. Very nice but it was purple and the one i
have is yellow. Does anybody know which is correct? I was looking it up
prior to selling it and I don't want to knowingly sell a mislabeled plant.
thanks in advance.