Old 15-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Claire Petersky

Default Wind blew down trellis -- prune?

Last night we had a windstorm and I woke up this morning to find the
rose trellis over on its side in the garden. The trellis is an arch,
about 7 feet in height.

I never prune the climbing roses on the trellis for two reasons: a)
they say not to prune climbing roses and b) I don't want to get on a
ladder to prune them when they're up so high. But now they are
conveniently lying on the ground, and I figure, if there's any time to
prune them, it's now.

Your rapid response appreciated, since I'll probably deal with this as
soon as I finish drinking my tea and wash up with the breakfast
dishes.

Warm Regards,

Claire
Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky