Old 05-05-2006, 11:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com

Default Remove pea gravel??

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,
I just moved into a new home that had a 20x26' section in the backyard
that had a swing set on it and I'm trying to convert it into a garden.
It has about 3" of Pea gravel covering the whole thing. I'm wondering
how much of that is safe to leave in the soil and not hurt a vegatable
garden. I live in Illinois and have pretty good soil so I'm worried
that I'll be leaving too much in.I plan on Tilling in anything I can't
get out, into the soil.

PS Any good ideas on how to get all that Gravel out "the easy way" and
not with back breaking labor!!

a good bagless heavy duty vacuum cleaner and simply vacuum it up.

rob