Old 15-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Susan Solomon

Default Dying bareroot

Thanks, Larry! I appreciate your suggestion.
Sue in SoCal

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Thanks to you both for your responses! I'll give your suggestions a try.
Sue

Susan, you probably saw this in my earlier post, but I've repeated it
below. I would not dig the bush up as has been suggested, because if it
has started developing tiny rootlets you'll destroy them.

repeat:
---------------------------------

I might add one more thing I've had some luck with. If you're convinced
your rose bush is dead (ie it shows no signs of budding after a couple of

weeks in the ground or pot), try burying it in a mound of thouroughly
saturated peat moss. Keep the peat moss saturated for a week or ten
days. Then very carefully remove the peat moss. With any luck, there
will be buds coming out. They may be blanched from being buried, but
don't worry about it - you've broken dormancy and that's what counts.

I've had this work on three "dead" bareroot roses and fail on only one.

--
It's turtles - all the way down!