Old 15-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default rabbit manure; how good is it

Richard McDermott wrote:

I met a man from New Jersey whose hobby was growing giant Halloween
pumpkins, he said he grew the state's biggest one year. He said he would
only use rabbit manure for fertility.

I would like to know how much nitrogen rabbit manure contains. I suspect it
is the best nitrogen source for grasslands other than that of buffalo manure.

I suspect that every ecosystem becomes inhabitated by a sustaining
commensalism between plants that give food to animals and those animals
vice versa give fertilizer to those plants. The food pyramid of an ecological

environment is one in which there is a mathematical relationship of the
spreading
of plant nutrients and what types of animals and the number of those animals
for that environment.

I suspect that a long time ago-- hundreds of millions of years ago, the
grasslands
arose and called for some smallish type animal that feeds on grasses and
multiplies very rapidly and constantly eats and prunes the grasses and small
trees and must scatter that nitrogen nutrient. Answer: rabbits.

Can someone tell me if rabbit remains of feces and urine is any higher in
nitrogen than is insect feces and body decay.

Archimedes Plutonium,
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies