Old 06-05-2006, 09:34 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com

Default Remove pea gravel??

"Gideon" wrote in message
.. .
Remove as much of the pea gravel as possible. Stones and gravel
in garden soil are a waste of valuable space, assuming that they
are not part of a well designed drainage system which is well below
the cultivation zone of the garden. Ideally, the inorganic material
in your garden should all be in the 0.1 to 2.0 mm range. Pea gravel
(a loosely defined term!) is in the range of 4 to 18 mm (1/8" to 3/4").
Every piece that you remove improves your garden quality.

I need many tons of pea gravel for some projects and I am certain that
there is somebody in your area who is like me: Willing to come out with
a truck, some helpers, wheel barrels, screens and shovels. I'd gladly
screen and haul away that much free pea gravel. Every summer. Forever.

You should find somebody who wants the free gravel. Then stand back
and watch the other guy and his crew remove the problem gravel for free.
If you are nice, offer them some of the lemonade that you are sipping.

damned good advice Gideon, top stuff. Give it away to someone prepared to do
the work

rob