Old 06-05-2006, 01:29 PM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot

Default Cape Weed

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
Linda H wrote:

Someone here mentioned a little while ago about dabbing kero on the cut
off centre of a plant they wanted to be rid of (lillies I think it was.)
Does anybody think that would work on this weed? We need to give the
area its first mow and wonder if I should do that after the tops are cut
off them.

I would imagine kero would be even worse for a new lawn than weed &
feed --
kero poisons your soil, and iit sounds like you have a lot of it.

Just Googled an image -- I'd never heard of it (snip)

me too - and discovered it's the flower we called wet-the-bed when i was a
kid! (although i understand everyone seems to have a plant they called
wet-the-bed - & they're all different ;-)
kylie