Old 15-03-2003, 10:56 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] trident maple

kevin bailey wrote:

You'll definitely get quicker development in the ground. I've tried both
and the difference is marked. If you can improve the soil with
leafmould, compost, well rotted horse manure or anything similar, to add
organic bulk, that helps.

No problem here. I've got a pile of llama manure that is quickly growing.

snip

I'd mulch heavily to protect the roots if I were you
though.

I thought I'd do that with maybe bark mulch or more llama manure. I think
I'll put a piece of slate under the tree to encourage the development of
the nebari.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
North Wales zone 9

Thanks for the suggestion. You've convinced me. I wanted to wait and see
how it made it through the winter before I committed it to the ground.
Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a

I've got a small trident maple that I've had for a couple of years. I'm
thinking of letting it grow out to get larger and develop trunk
caliper.
snip

Craig Cowing
NY