Old 08-05-2006, 03:31 AM posted to rec.gardens
Wolf Kirchmeir

Default PLEASE help me identify this tree

The Space Boss wrote:
wrote:
Ailanthus altissima aka "Stink Tree"

YEP, that's the one. Thank you. I'm wondering if I should irradicate
these trees from my yard? I already had to get TWO of them cut out that
were growing out of the side of my house (down where the basement
windows, below ground level, were).

And is it my imagination? Or do these trees seem to "latch on" to other
plants, trees, and rose bushes, growing right next to them and sapping
thier engergies??

What are your suggestions on how to deal with these plants? Thanks.

Googling produced a mass of useful hits, such as:

http://tncweeds.ucdavis.edu/esadocs/ailaalti.html

You're welcome.