Old 16-03-2003, 04:56 AM
Woofie

Default Grass Clippings

Paul Smart wrote in message ...
Greetings All,
I have recently started a lawn mowing and gardening
service in and around Ipswich QLD. I was wondering if anyone knows of
another place, besides the local dump, where i can drop off the grass
clippings?
Regards
Paul

Can you buy, lease or rent acouple of acres away from residential
areas?

If you can, buy yourself an old end loader, some animal manure,
preferably cow, pig or sheep, some hardwood sadust, bedding straw from
stables and start a compst heap.

You will need the end loader for stirring the compost and loading it
onto vehicles to cart it away.

Good organic compost will just about sell itself. Also contact the
landscape gardeners and other lawn mowing services. Buy or encourage
them to dump their clippings at your composting site.

All this depends, of course, on obtaining land and the council
licences/permits/red tape bullshit before you start.