Old 11-05-2006, 11:38 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

Default Thanks to you three!

Again, I'll throw my two cents in, and remind you of the subject of
interpretation.

If they are still in the flask, they are - by definition - sterile and
artificially propagated, so neither phyto nor CITES issues should apply.
Ex-flask, and if the governing bodies interpret your travels as "trade", you
may not take them, as they are an Appendix I genus.

"Jose" wrote in message
Hello. I was gone for awhile. I'm pleasantly surprised that there
have been replies to my inquiry. Very enlightening.

So, please accept my thanks to you - Ray. Kenni and Weng.

And, Ray, should I encounter any trouble getting Philippine import
permit for my plants, I'll willingly part ways with one of them and
send it to you.

Regards,
Jose

PS
I have a BUNCH of Paphiopedilum sanderianum seedlings, too, from
reputable US dealers. Domestic-grown. Not realizing how slow they
grow, I bought a couple of flasks recently. Will these, too, be OK
to bring along with me when I go home?

Again, thanks.