Old 11-05-2006, 05:27 PM
seneca seneca is offline
Registered User

Default using carpet to line a pond

I'm about to install a pond and have heard that some people use a special fabric layer on the soil, before they put the liner down. Apparently it stops little stones sticking through. I just happen to have a load of oold carpet and the underlay that I have taken out of the house when a wooden flor was layed. I was wondering whether this would be ok. I could put down both the carpet and the underlay for extra cushioning. What I need to know is would the carpet begin to smell once it got damp. The last thing I want to do is have a terrinble smell coming from around the pond once it is all fitted and then the nightmare of having to get it all out.