Old 16-03-2003, 09:44 AM
Zphysics1

Default Dying bareroot

Should I dig it up and soak it for a couple of days, then plant it again?
The three other roses I purchased and planted the same day are doing well
and have begun to grow. ???

I appreciate any help you can give!
Thanks!
Sue in SoCa

Sue, we have been having an interesting 'winter' in So Cal -- so it may be that
you did not soak with water enough after you planted the rose. I actually
bought at lot of cheap roses from HD and haven't had the time to plant them .
My eyes were too big. Anyway, I did keep the bareroots wet and was able to
plant them a couple of weeks later. All thrived -- including the one which had
hardly any bareroots at all. Personally, I do not follow the 'rules for
planting' put out be magazines and garden gurus. I go be instinct and common
sense. I have to start from scratch since I moved last December. The new place
had clayey soil. I mixed a good dose of Bumper Crop to the soil before I
planted the roses and kept the roses watered everyday -- especially with the
Santa Ana winds.

BTW, three out of four isn't bad. One should expect 'casualties' . This
weekend's rain storm should be most helpful.

/z.