Old 12-05-2006, 02:59 PM posted to rec.ponds
TCC Taking Care of Carol

Default using carpet to line a pond

LIsteing to this bitch and she will have yu thinking you can line it
with your old dirty underwear as well...........pay her no attentin
she is just an old babbling fool with a big chip on her both
shoulders. All her answers to questins is a copy paste or her own
interpretatin of what is posted on other websites......

On Thu, 11 May 2006 15:14:17 -0500, "Koi-Lo" wrote:

"seneca" wrote in message

I'm about to install a pond and have heard that some people use a
special fabric layer on the soil, before they put the liner down.
Apparently it stops little stones sticking through. I just happen to
have a load of oold carpet and the underlay that I have taken out of
the house when a wooden flor was layed. I was wondering whether this
would be ok.

Check it 10 times over for missed nails, staples or carpet-tacks.

I could put down both the carpet and the underlay for
extra cushioning. What I need to know is would the carpet begin to
smell once it got damp.

Since it'll be covered with a rubber liner you wouldn't smell anything.

The last thing I want to do is have a terrinble
smell coming from around the pond once it is all fitted and then the
nightmare of having to get it all out.

Wouldn't any underlay develop a damp odor to some degree? Mine is tucked
away under the rock necklace. I never smelled anything moldy or funky
around the ponds. Well, that is unless something DIED there.....

"The original frugal ponder.."Since my statements are
given freely, take em or leave em, I am entitled to
my opinion none the less. My opinion and $1 is still
only worth $1.....