Old 15-05-2006, 02:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Bill

Default Scale insect help

Peter A wrote:
I have a chronic scale insect infestation and think I may be trying to
deal with it the wrong way because they keep coming back. I'll inspect
the plant and remove any visible critters with an alcohol-dipped swab,
the spray the plant well with alcohol. Do I need to do something to the
roots as well? Is there a better way?

Thanks in advance.

--
Peter Aitken

Hi Peter, Check your yard or house for Palm Trees-- they are a major
host for scale & if you have any-- treat them too. If you have a host
plant for any pest-- you will continue to see them till you treat the
host-- hope this helps -- good luck, Bill