Old 16-03-2003, 10:20 AM
Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson

Default Viking shredders

The message
from David Rance contains these words:

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003, Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson wrote:

Does anyone have any experience of Viking shredders. Can't say I've seen
any in the supermarket type shops but they are sold by the more serious
landscape suppliers.

Yes, I have one. What do you want to know?

How efficient? How reliable? Is yours a petrol or an electric model?

Are you satisfied with it? Anything you can tell me would be welcome.

I have an electrical one, the GE 220 I think, and it is brilliant. It
swallows all I want to put in it easily and quickly and when used with a
little commen sense, very rarely blocks and, when it does, is quite
easily unblocked. I've had it about two years and had no problems at
all. I had a little Al-ko before which had served me for a while but the
relief of moving on to a more powerful machine was immense. Part of the
joy of it is that the intake is large. Because it is high and you have
to reach up to it it is safe whereas a smaller machine which stands
lower has to have a small intake for safety reasons - I believe.

I bought it from The Garden Store who I would also highly recommend.
They say they will beat any price you find elsewhere and they were very
quick, efficient - and extrememly helpful and civilised when I
couldn't work out how to put the wheels on! Just phone 01892 664646 (24
hours). They advertise in the back of several gardening magazines.

Janet G