Old 24-05-2006, 10:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd

Default Mericloning (and chromosome counting)

Rob: I don't know what size flasks you're talking about, I generally buy
quarts (+/- 50 plants). But Agristarts, here in Fla., will do runs as small
as 1000 plants, which would be only 20 flasks, at the size I buy. They will
also grow them out for you, to 72-celltray size (ready for 2" pots), for a
very modest surcharge. Contact , and please tell him
I sent you. I have not seen results yet, my first efforts are due back this
summer (a selfing of a nice Enc. phoenicia, and clones of Eplc. Rainbow
Sherbet 'Juno Beach'). However, I also have not yet paid them anything; I
pay when the plants are ready, which is a very nice feature.

Not sure if Stewart's is still doing that work. They did my Garnet Glory a
couple-three years ago and, at that time, would do small lots, but of course
the per plant price is higher.
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

"Rob" wrote in message
Anybody know a good lab for small runs of mericlones? Hasn't been an
issue since I'm mostly a slipper grower (if you know a lab that can clone
slippers, I'd _really_ like to know). But, I've got a few very nice
cattleya alliance things now that I'd really like to make copies of.

Looking for a lab that can do relatively small quantities (20 or so
flasks, maybe 40).

Also looking for somebody who can count chromosomes. Any takers?

Rob (has a lab but no time)
--
Rob's Rules:
http://littlefrogfarm.com