Old 27-05-2006, 11:52 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Dick

Default krib breeding- angel fish

On Fri, 26 May 2006 22:21:54 -0500, "Koi-Lo" ZZZZ wrote:

*Note: There are two *Koi-Lo's* on the pond and aquaria groups.

"Dick" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 25 May 2006 22:29:30 -0500, "Koi-Lo" ZZZZ wrote:
For the best chance of fry survival remove the parents to a tank of their
own. Allow them to breed in peace.

============
Consider "unintended consequences". I had 3 beautiful black angels
in my 75 gallon tank. Two mated, of course the eggs did not survive.
I moved the pair to their own tank and both died of something that
left them disoriented, probably an air bladder infection.

Did you make sure you acclimated them to the new tank? There may have been
a large difference in PH and TDS in the water. That can kill fish,
sometimes it takes a few days, sometimes hours.

Anything is possible. The 2 tanks were established within a few
months of each other. All my tanks get 20% water changes twice a week
so I doubt there would be much difference in the conditions. I just
moved out the current tenants to other tanks and moved in the angels.

In any case, my caution was do not make changes unless they are
important. I was not serious about raising Angels and they were doing
fine in the 75 gallon.

dick

I have come
to move fish with great fear.

Just make sure you acclimate them to the water in the new tank. It's chancy
taking fish from an old established tank and plunking them down into a fresh
new tank with very different water parameters. It won't matter as much if
you do a lot of partial water changes on the established tank making the
water very similar.

I also hate to disrupt those that
remain behind. I blame change in behavior of my Siamese Algae Eaters
on a chase to separate the live bearer sexes. Before the big round
up, the SAEs always gathered around my arm to nibble while I weeded
plants. That behavior has never returned.

I sure miss the 2 angels, the 3rd was moved successfully to a
different tank and now is queen of the roost.

Koi-Lo....
Aquariums since 1952.
My Pond & Aquarium Pages: http://tinyurl.com/9do58
Disclaimer: I do not post from Google, Earthlink, Usenetzone or Verizon.
Rude, inane or obscene messages are not mine .
The person impersonating me is posting through Earthlink.net.

dick