Old 29-05-2006, 01:51 PM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat
Naomi

Default Run-off Water Feed

In the UK ( South East) we have a drought situation. It occurred to me that
a minimum of pipework would be required in order to direct the rainwater
downpipe from next door's garage roof, which currently drains harmlessly
into my garden, such that it would drain into my 13 x 10 foot pond.
Nothing exotic in it, just goldfish, frogs and their tadpoles. Pond is
about 8 years old.

It seems far easier to fill the pond in this way. I appreciate that in heavy
rain it would certainly overflow back into the garden. Any problems I
should look out for? Part of the reason is to avoid using tapwater,
which I read is not perhaps the best for the pond. Any advice
appreciated.

Nao