Old 31-05-2006, 07:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Reka

Default Orchid Queery

Adrianna wrote:
I have recently been given some orchids. listed below are th names on
the tags attached to the pots.
1.Highburniensi/Scantillation.

Could be either Cattleya Highburiensis (pink)or Laeliocattleya
Highburiensis (pink C. lawrenceana crossed with orange Laelia
cinabarina), though I have no idea what Scantillation is. No cultivar
award under that name.
2.R Prown

Could be Cattleya R. Prowe. Should be pink.
3. Abrum (96)

???
4. Harrisoniana loddigesh. Stanley var Digbyana

Hmmm...this one would take a botanist!!! Cattleya loddigesi v.
harrisoniana or loddigesi x Brassavola digbyana or????
5.Avril Betaugera

????
6.Wings of Red bright splash/Douglas Johnson York amados

Cattleya Wings of Red? - probably pink with splash petals.
7. I.G. Bonanzaterritorial. Enterprise. Digbyana var Bripetarum.

Digbyana would mean Rhyncholaelia digbyana, but what all the rest is?
Bripetarum turns up absolutely nothing on Google, must be a misspelling.
Does any one know what this means as I have a Orchid reference book but
cant find any of these in there. Can any one help I would really like to
know what these look like.
Regards
Adrianna

Looks like your benefactor liked pink Catts! Hope someone else can give
you more and better information. Good luck on growing them!

Reka