Old 01-06-2006, 12:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd

Default Orchid Queery

When speaking of a grex -- e.g., C. R. Prowe -- rather than a specific
clone -- e.g., C. R. Prowe 'Adrianna' (hypothetical) -- color is uncertain
until one sees the flowers. For example, all of the awarded Ctna. Jet Set
appear to be white, but most of mine are coming out in various shades of
pink with varying degrees of flaring. Likewise, when most of us think of
Slc. Jewel Box, we think red or red-orange, like 'Dark Waters' or
'Scheherazade', but there is an awarded clone 'Ora Chica' which the judges
described as bronze-gold ... And my two different clones of Vasco. Pine
Rivers barely look related -- one is blue-purple, one is a bright
rose-orange.

Just to help keep Adrianna in suspense G. Kenni

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
C. R. Prowe is white......

Diana