Old 01-06-2006, 08:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
sarahsbs

Default dendrobium eima white

Ok what I did was carefully remove it from the pot, remove all dead
parts (i think) and remount in on a piece of rock with sphagnum moss.
This was about a week ago and now the leaf has turned almost completely
brown. At first I thought it was getting too much light, as the leaf
began turning lighter in color and almost transparent looking, but it
rapidly (light browned). I am devestated.... is there anything I can
do?

Sarah

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Sarah,

Whether to pot or mount depends to a large degree on the type of environment
you can give this plant. Mounted, it will obviously require more frequent
watering and generally higher humidity.

About the plant itself, try to keep as many of those other roots intact as
you can. If you have already taken the plant out ot the old pot(s), then
disregard this, but if not, you can cut away the plastic pot, leaving
whatever you can't get away from the roots in place. As for the clay pot,
carefully break it (cover with a towel and smash with a hammer) and then
take away as many shards as possible. Neither the plastic nor the clay
remaining will harm the plant, whether you mount or pot.

HTH

Diana