Old 01-06-2006, 09:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

Default dendrobium eima white

On 1 Jun 2006 12:39:55 -0700, "sarahsbs" wrote:

Ok what I did was carefully remove it from the pot, remove all dead
parts (i think) and remount in on a piece of rock with sphagnum moss.
This was about a week ago and now the leaf has turned almost completely
brown. At first I thought it was getting too much light, as the leaf
began turning lighter in color and almost transparent looking, but it
rapidly (light browned). I am devestated.... is there anything I can
do?

Sarah

One week -- That is what the plant was working on BEFORE you moved it.
You need 6 months to a year to know if the plant will grow to the
rock.

If you think it is short of roots, and leaves move it back from the
strong light. But until a Den. turns to dust, it is still alive.
This group of plants grow for the most part in areas where severe
drought is a given not a sometime event.

Keep the faith and give it 6 months to recover. One of the worst
things we do is to keep fussing over these plants. They do not like
to be manipulated or moved around.
SuE