Old 02-06-2006, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert

Default Karcherpower washer spray problem

In message , John
writes
Thanks to those who posted helpful comments.
Also apologies that my first posting had a wrong date on it
John
"cineman" wrote in message
.uk...
Hi,
Could you please adjust your clock, you are posting from the future
28/06/06 at 19-28 hours
strip and clean wand and nozzle there may be a small amount of dust/dirt
settled in, if left outside it may be frost thats caused it, answer is to
dry thouroughly and store frost free over winter
regards
Cineman

"John" wrote in message
Hi, I realise I am only just on the "Fringe" posting with this, but
perhaps someone can help or direct me to a more appropriate Board.

In my garden I have a lot of paving slabs that I clean with a Karcher
power spray . The machine works fine, but I have problems with the
"Wand". I have bought two extra ones over a period and they all set off
ok but when I come to use after a winter they do not emit the same power
of spray as they did previously.
The problem is that the brass spray nozzle does not appear to fit dead
centre with the outer plastic slit thus causing it to loose a lot of
power. Well that is what it seems to me.

The result is that to get any power I am having to hold the end of the
wand to only 2" to 3" off the ground, thus reducing the width of spray
and taking forever.

Has anyone else experienced this and found an answer to the problem

Thanks for any help

John

Other than the reason you give I cannot think why you should be losing
power other than partially blocked jets - unless the machine is leaking
which is an indication that the pump housing could be cracked - as we
found out with 2 Karcher machines. We now have a Stihl with an alloy
pump housing that seems to be holding up better than the Karchers.
I notice that your address is galmpton.org so it is likely that you are
located in South Devon - for the last few years I have bought garden
power kit from Radmore & Tucker, Frog St. Exeter - excellent service and
they invariably discount to match or better internet prices.
--
Robert