Old 03-06-2006, 08:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Tracey

Default Score!

Tracey wrote:
Made it to the flea market today and found the orchid lady.
I've been visiting her stall for the last four years that
I've been here and talked to her and her husband a few times.
They own a nursery but closed it to the public quite a few
years ago due to insurance costs so, now, she only sells at
the flea market or at shows or other venues like fairs, craft/
flower fairs, etc. I have bought a couple of smaller orchids
from her previously and a couple of stephanotis vines but
have only previously enviously eyed (what I consider) their
best plants, grammatophyllums. Today, I broke down and bought
one. It has two biiiig pseudobulbs, four smaller ones and new
growth popping out on the side but it has a 2 1/2 foot tall
spike covered with buds and the lower ones are just opening.

I'm happy.

Tracey
who won't tell the price because I know there are tons of
rotten tomatoes waiting for me....

Darn. It's a Gram Scriptum x sib, according to the tag.