Old 04-06-2006, 02:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Gene Schurg

Default Score!

Tracey,

They are magnificant specimens. Several years ago the best flower in our
show was a Gram. scriptum with about 15 spikes and thousands of flowers. It
was breathtaking and a huge plant.

Sounds like you can grow yours outdoors so space should not be an issue.

I have one that I have to move in and out of the greenhouse and has not
bloomed yet but I have hopes since it has three big p-bulbs and two new
growths coming. I think I got it from Carmella.

Good growing,
Gene

"Tracey" wrote in message

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Hope you have lots of room, Tracey! These are the plants that ate

Oahu......

Diana G

Yeah, they're pretty big, aren't they? They ones they've had before
were much larger and would have 3 or more spikes at once on them but
because of the price (and space issues), I always passed on them.
This one is in a 1 gallon bucket (I think. It doesn't seem as big
as the 2 gallon buckets roses come in) and was half the price of
the larger ones I've seen them selling. I also have quite a bit
of room due to my total neglect of my yard for the last couple
of years so no space issues at the moment. But, I'm thinking of
taking a drive to H&R Nurseries so that could change. :P

Tracey