Old 06-06-2006, 01:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Gene Schurg

Default 'Rhein' Zygos

Pat,

I bought one of these from Molly at the Orchid sale at APF last February.
You were out goofing off at the time.

She had several of them at your sales table. It bloomed out and was
breathtaking. I'd love to know the story behind these. They don't show up
on the RHS. I think you got them from Kaapalia (or some Hawaiian
distributor).

Gene

"Pat Brennan" wrote in message
A while back someone was asking about a Zygo with the name Rhein something
saying they could not find anything about it. Seems there are a couple of
different Rheins out there that do not show up on Wildcat. This quarters

AQ
shows a picture of Galeopetalum Giant 'Rhein Moonlight' which recently
received an AM. Seems the Rheins are clonal names, I do not know if they
are all from Galeopetalum Giant.

Pat