Old 06-06-2006, 04:38 AM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

Default Poison Ivy vs Bed Bugs

If the OP were working around any area where animals have a 'trail' it
is very likely to be chiggers. But, as a general rule, they're not gonna

There arent many animals in the part of NYC where I am.
I am in the surburbs of NYC. Back yards are about, 100 feet by 30
feet.

The only animals I have seen around are squirrels, racoons and once in
a blue, a possum.

be in ones 'garden'. I suppose a neighbor could have dogs, sheep or some

Its not exactly a garden...we planted bamboo years ago, and they grew
like crazy, including into the edge of the neighbors property. So I
hoped the fence and cut down the bamboo that invaded their property.
It is hilly and with a few trees, so not much for animals to do there.
That took about 10 minutes, then I worked on the bamboo on our grass
for the rest of the time.

Johnson grass blades and seen the little devils lurking there. They are
very small and red. Under a microscope, the 'nose' is almost as long as

I think I have seen those.
They look like spiders, but VERY small, and FAST...actually they look
like crabs (they kind that lives in the ocean)
They usually crawl on the brick/concrete steps