Old 17-03-2003, 07:32 PM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default rabbit manure; how good is it

Kevin Eanes wrote:

Archimedes,

I got this from the internet.

Fertilizer (NPK) values for rabbit manu

Nitrogen 2.4%
Phosphorus 1.4%
Potassium 0.6-0.8%

Rabbit manure is an excellent plant fertilizer due to its composition
and concentration of NPK. It produces fast and abundant plant growth.

Rabbit manure should be composted for about three weeks, which lessens
the chance of harmful pathogens and breaks down the manure, which
makes it more useable to the plant and reduces the smell. Fresh
rabbit manure is high in acid content from the urine and should not be
used. However, when the manure has been aged and air-dried, rabbit
manure will not "burn" the plants when applied directly to the plants.

Best Regards,
-Kevin

Yes, thanks Kevin, Charles in a different post with a reference showed a
2.4% nitrogen for rabbits which is one of the highest concentrations of nitrogen.
And considering how prolific breeding that rabbits have. I believe if memory serves me that a female
rabbit in one year time can result in the birth of a
total offspring of over 50 rabbits just in one year. Where some of the females
in the litter are giving birth also within that one year period. So, one female
rabbit can give rise to over 50 other rabbits within one year.

Kevin, the real question I am searching for is abstruse and abstract and profound.
It is not about the best fertilizer for a farmer or other such practical things.

What I really want to know is why the animal body is constructed in the way it
is such that when nitrogen passes through the animal body that it is a fertilizer
for plants. What does the animal body do to nitrogen that plants find it impossible or extremely
difficult to also do to nitrogen. That is the question I
really want to know the answer. For throughout the entire existence of the plant
kingdom on Earth, has required the simultaneous existence of the animal
kingdom. And I believe it all comes down to some key elements such as nitrogen. That the plant kingdom
cannot exist without the animal kingdom because plants cannot transform and move the nitrogen that
animals can do.

So, Kevin, what happens to nitrogen when it goes through a rabbit body for
which that same nitrogen when it goes through a plant body such as a grass
is unable to transform or change?

Archimedes Plutonium,
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies