Old 07-06-2006, 02:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
tbell

Default pruning reed stems

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 17:15:11 -0700, Diana Kulaga wrote
(in article ):

Tom, I never cut them back, unless, of course, you have a shrivelled one.
Some of them will grow to enormous strength and height, and put out prolific
spikes. Others stay compact, but still add wonderful splashes of color.

To keep them growing upright, they need even sun all day. Some people down
here just plant them in the garden and let them go. Keikis are plentiful.

HTH

Diana

Thanks, Di. The canes look so much like skinny dendrobes that I thought that
might be the case.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D70