Old 07-06-2006, 02:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bowman

Default Hops, propagating ?

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 08:46:56 +0100, Charlie Pridham wrote:
They are very easy to propagate from short internodal cuttings (set of buds
at top but not at bottom) layering and root division, indeed after you have
had one a couple of years preventing it spreading is likely to be a higher
priority than propagating it!

Thank you Charlie,
options 1 and 2 look to be the way forward then ! (I've not met internodal
cuttings before, so I'll google that )

Thanks to all who responded elsewhere ( including Janet who spotted that
this is not yet winter !)
A brief amplification : it is a Prima Donna dwarf brewing variety which was
growing well in a small pot last year, for reasons which should be glossed
over ( I am ashamed) it got left out exposed over winter and I thought that
I had killed it, but it has recently put up one small shoot, so it may yet
be rescued and with a few cuttings as protection against future stupidity
on my part, perhaps !
But I am not expecting any big brewery sessions from it for a long time yet
!!