Old 08-06-2006, 02:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

Default Ten Dollar orchids?

On 7 Jun 2006 18:59:49 -0700, "bobc" wrote:

Well, well, well ... I am finding this thread very interesting. I am
also finding out I'm rather naieve. I have gotten orchids discounted
from HD in the past, but this was years ago.
I am at a loss to understand their reasoning as stated by Pat Brennan.
If someone wants to rescue a mostly dead orchid, mark it down and send
the grower a pecentage. The receipt could read 'no guarentee' and we
all go home happy!
Bob

They fear you will bring it back with out the scan code - with a
different receipt.... or no receipt and claim the full price.
SuE