Old 08-06-2006, 09:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
hollenback

Default Bamboo Plantings - Anyone have them?

I have over 60 varieties in Zone 5b/6 but I do know a person in zone 4
growing bamboo and posting his results on the forum at
http://www.bambooweb.info/bb/index.php . On that website there is also over
3000 photos of 450 varieties of bamboo and an interactive species list where
you can search for bamboo based on size, hardiness, sun exposure and
Clumper/Runner.

If you can control the amount of water that the plant gets it is easy to
control most species. If not a trench around the beds with rhizome pruning a
couple of times a year takes care of the running.

Bill

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am working on plans for a Japanese style garden and i really like the
Bamboo tree for both the look and the awesome growth rate/screening
potential.

Has anyone on here grown it/growing it now, and if so is it everything
that the suppliers websites would have you believe it is?

Thanks in advance.