Old 08-06-2006, 10:21 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.building.landscape
Danny

Default How Can I Keep Dogs Away from my Lawn and Other Plants?

Mike,
Short of hitting the owner with a stick, I've had some success
with Red Pepper Flakes. My grandfather use to spread them out on the side
walk in front of his business to keep the dogs moving on down the line.
Try boiling some flakes up in water then applying it to your most
visited canine rest stops and see if this helps.

Cheers

Dan
"Mike" wrote in message

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
I'm planting new plants and want to keep dogs away from them.
Is there anything short of a fence that'll keep them away?

Thanks,

Mike

Set out a dish of water with some antifreeze in it.

Some pieces of sponge soaked in bacon grease will also work.

Good luck.

The dogs lick/chew them then don't return?