Old 09-06-2006, 01:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
George.com

Default Staking tomatoes - first time

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
Let me know if you'd like to see pictures of this cage idea.

Joe. If you are able to post a url for the cages I'd be interested.
Thanks.

rob

Cage:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...atoCage_04.jpg

Detail of attachment to posts:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...atoCage_03.jpg

What doesn't show in the pictures is the holes I cut in the cage to allow
hands to access tomatoes, some of which grow inside, sheltered by leaves.
Since the fence wire is green, the holes tend to become invisible among

the
foliage, which sticks out all over the place. So, after cutting the holes,

tie a piece of ribbon at each location. These cages have withstood some
pretty huge winds during summer storms. At the end of the season, I just
flatten them and hang them on a hook in the garage.

thanks.
rob