Old 11-06-2006, 06:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Timothy

Default Moss on shed roof

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 21:19:04 -0400, JL wrote:

My 5yr old shed is in a shaded area and is developing moss on roof asphalt
shingles.
Should I worry?
If yes, what's the best way to get rid of it - bleach/water?

Moss will shorten the life of your roof. I would suggest that you get a
zinc strip and install it at the top of the roof line. These strips will
last many years, but they can be spendy for a large roof.

There are products that you can sprinkle on the the roof to rid you of the
moss. These are safe and work well. They contain iron and zinc and will
kill off the moss for now, but dollars to do-nuts, it will be back over
time.

Good luck.

--
http://resources.ywgc.com/info/