Old 11-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Plantaganet Plantaganet is offline
Registered User

Location: Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy39surf
Hi don't know if anyone can help here. I'm a new gardener this year and am growing tomatoes in pots in a courtyard gaden. I have attached pics of 2 of my plants which from research on the net I suspect to have stem rot.
---
One thing you must never, never do when handling tomato seedlings is to touch the stems with your fingers when transplanting. Always hold them by a leaf. I have in the past lost quite a few young tomato plants by holding the stems. Perhaps you are not guilty, I offer this advice just in case you are.