Old 12-06-2006, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Someone Here

Default home made grow bags using tesco carrier bags.

"jww" wrote in message
we have a small garden with a small patio. we were recently given some
japanese
cucumbers which we put in a B&Q growbag. the slugs had a field day. so I
decided to move the grow bag around the patio to try and confuse the

slugs.
it is not easy to move ,so i cut it in two pieces and sewed up the cut

ends
with pins.

now it strikes me (a novice) that it might be easier to move if i made my
own grow bags using tesco plastic carrier bags. [ one plant for each

carrier
bag ] they certainly would be easier to move around.

any suggestions as to how to make my own grow bag? the B and Q one

looks
to consist of mainly peat type compost, but i guess there are other
ingredients in their as well for nutrition for the plants? any

suggestions
on what to put in the carrier bags please. thanks.

Buy a large bucket and saucer.
Buy your grow bag as normal,
cut the short end off and pour half the bag into the bucket.
Roll the bag down so that the rest of the bag sits level.

At the end of the season, store the bucket and suacer till next year.

Dave
who has five florists buckets given as free gifts because they were cracked.