Old 13-06-2006, 12:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Masd. exquisita trouble

Jack wrote:
Ok, first, yes I know Masd. are hard to grow and very touchy...

Oh, I don't know about that. I have good results with them here in
West Virginia.
Where are you? Your summers seem to be on the very cool side.

hense yes
I have perpetrated a most un-through killing

I'm not sure what this means.

that being said, I have a masd. exquisitaI that has lost all but 5
leave, the ones it has now are spotted black and yellowed, that
wasn't to bad until it started dropping leaves like crazy (last
Friday it had about 15) is there any thing I can do to save it?

How long have you had it?

I had it inside 60-80F

Indoor 80F is too warm for most Masd's I keep mine in a cool basement
room during the winter. In the summer I keep them in the shade and
water them daily.

low light about 45-55% humidity, I water with
city water, weak fertilizer...

How often did you fertilize it? Perhaps you overdid it.

If all the leaves are yellow and spotted, and there are no new ones
coming in, the plant is probably a goner.

Sorry.

J. Del Col