Old 13-06-2006, 03:34 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
I Love Lucy

Default Edging revisited... true edger vs. attachment edger

"Timothy" wrote in message
news
Wheeled edger Vrs stick edger.
I own both. I use the wheeled edger for badly over-grown edges. After
the
edge has been 'found' again, I use the stick edger. Stick edgers are
very
easy to use compared to wheeled edgers and work very well for dirt
edges
in a lawn area. These flower bed edges tend to have curves in them
that
are hard to do with a wheeled edger, while a stick edger gives you
much
more freedom and speed.

Wheeled edgers have lots more power but less moveability. Stick edgers
have less power but are more capable of detailed work.

That is a good link. Thank you for that.

What is a stick edger? I bought something you step on with a huge sharp
blade underneath. It works, but not as well as I thought it would. Is
that what you mean?

Years ago I bought a regular edger and never got the hang of it, was
always hitting the concrete and gouging. Maybe I will try that again as
I have a corner lot, too, and just quit bothering with edging, but it
sure would look better. The comments on this thread have been helpful.

--
http://resources.ywgc.com/info