Old 14-06-2006, 01:58 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Timothy

Default Edging revisited... true edger vs. attachment edger

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 02:34:01 +0000, I Love Lucy wrote:

That is a good link. Thank you for that.

What is a stick edger? I bought something you step on with a huge sharp
blade underneath. It works, but not as well as I thought it would. Is
that what you mean?

Years ago I bought a regular edger and never got the hang of it, was
always hitting the concrete and gouging. Maybe I will try that again as I
have a corner lot, too, and just quit bothering with edging, but it sure
would look better. The comments on this thread have been helpful.

Good day I Love Lucy,
Thanks for the comment on the link. I never have time to build up the
content on the site. Guess I'll have to go at it in the winter again.

A stick edger is an edger that looks very much like a string trimmer (aka
"weed-eater"), but instead of having string head on it it has an edger
blade.

The edger that you describe would be called a foot edger. They can give a
high quality edge but are time consuming. To get better performance from
your foot edger, sharpen the blade with a file. Just sharpen one side of
the blade. While you have the file in your hand, run it over your shovels
and weeding tools also. You'll be shocked how much nice it is to dig with
a sharp shovel.

Have a nice day........... 80)

--
http://resources.ywgc.com/info/