Old 18-03-2003, 01:20 AM
madgard

Default Strings of small green pearls

maybe we can meet one day Jammer.................I'm proud to say that so
far I've met and had the pleasure of Pottingshed (Bev) come down with her
granddaughter, Deme and stay with me twice in the last three? years, sweet
"Brudder" John has stopped with his sweet bride, Barb on their way to North
Cackalacky to have a knosch and a hug and wander my whacky, constipated idea
of gardens on the slope a few springs back, and sweet Zhan has finally made
it up here to my ridge and visited me a couple of weeks ago before going
back to the sand bar (I met her first, 5 1/2 years ago when Squire was still
working the project with ORNL and the "technology truck" and was showing in
Orlando). with luck I might get to meet Loony Hiker sometime this year (I
hope she is patient with my erratic work schedule at Lowes), and with some
patience, I hope to also meet up with Ann and her sweetie one day before she
heads up to Maine. There are more people I've come to know from the time
shared over the fence here on the newsgroup like Geoff but crossing the pond
would be quite a bit of accomplishment, so I just consider it lucky that I
have him for an across the pond friend too, and the list would go on and
on...................I still think it would be so wonderful to gather and
meet face to face with the lion's share of the regulars g yeah, I'm a
dreamer. it'd be quite the horde !

I consider myself blessed to have met so many wonderful gardeners around the
country and world.......this computer thing I embarked on is still a
miracle......one never knows what motivates others to do, but gardening and
the obvious love and respect that we have for each other here on the
newsgroup is what keeps my fires going somedays. GBSEG

"jammer" wrote in message
news

I settled back in the truck and started =
paying attention to all the signs of coming Springtime.

Mad, we would get along very well. I share your enthusiasm, but no one
else i know around here does.

it's sad that people live oblivious to what surrounds them. that I WAKE
each day is a miracle for me. I am truely blessed that I can still hear the
birds screaming their lungs out and that there are still birds, that the sky
is blue on occaison, and gray suits me fine, because it means we're getting
rain, and we always can use rain. The sun still shines on us, even thru the
rainy days, I'm happy to have the knowledge that it's out there for my
lifetime. I'm grateful for this little terrarium and all that it holds. If
others are ignorant to the bliss that can be found in a tiny flower, then
they don't know what they're missing.

"Never hurry, and don't worry, You're here for just a short visit, so you
should not forget to slow down and stop to smell the flowers" should be one
of our songs!

I walked my yard, the park, and a neighbor's yard today. No wonder they
call it spring. It is so wonderful after the seemingly long winter. I find
pleanty of nature in my own back yard all the time and i marvel at it all.
Have a good week.

jammer

thank you sweetie, I will do my best with it. the "100 days of madness" at
Lowes has commenced and this ol' hen ain't a spring chicken anymore. but I'm
tryin! g