Old 16-06-2006, 12:15 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Dick

Default Hairgrass Algae Problem

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 22:32:13 +0100, Eoghan
wrote:

My Tank has been set up now for over a year, even when I out weekly
partcial water changes the hair grass algae has not subsided. My
stocking levels are low and I have even used remedies to combat the
problem but nothing seems to work

Does anybody have recommendations?

I had the hair grass problem in a 75 gallon tank 6 months after it was
set up. I did a lot of things so I can't say what action/s solved the
problem, but that was 3 years ago. I now have 5 tanks and no further
problem.

I removed all plants that grew hair.

I removed all gravel with hair.

I cleaned ornaments and rocks with bleach.

I added Siamese Algae Eaters, platties and mollies.

The new plants I added were "low light" suitable to the lights I had.

dick