Old 17-06-2006, 11:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Feed the birds; not the RSPB

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 22:26:24 +0100, Jupiter
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 09:48:30 +0100, wrote:

It seems the RSPB think if you feed birds in your garden you're
helping them.

They say:

"Did you know you're already helping us? Just by feeding the birds in
your garden you're encouraging many threatened species to thrive"

Well, I've got news for the RSPB.

We've fed birds in our garden for decades and it's not to help the
RSPB; it's to help the birds.

And we buy our birdseed at Costco for under a fiver for 10 kilos.and
I'd rather spend the money on seed than support a multi-million pound
business that discriminates against wildlife including birds.

For the price of an annual family membership you could buy
approximately 85 kilos of seed which could be better spent on keeping
wild birds fat and happy than contributing to executives salaries of
up to £100k per annum

Angus Macmillan
www.roots-of-blood.org.uk
www.killhunting.org
www.con-servation.org.uk

Well said. This multi-million pound business spares no effort to
increase its profits. Just the other day, the new 'Chair' of the
Labour Party, Ms Hazel Blears, indicated that because of concern about
the drastically declining party membership they intended to link with
mass-membership organisations such as the RAC and the RSPB. No doubt
this will mean that these organisations will sell their membership
lists to the Labour Party (or donate them if honours and titles are in
prospect). Members may expect to be pestered by junk mail inviting
them to join the Labour Party. As an RAC member of 40 years standing,
if I receive such an approach I shall cancel my membership.

It's all about money; that's the problem. And the green energy scheme
is much the same. Its the equivalent of creative accounting and gives
the RSPB money in return to access to the members.

Angus Macmillan
www.roots-of-blood.org.uk
www.killhunting.org
www.con-servation.org.uk