Old 18-06-2006, 02:40 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
I Love Lucy

Default Edging revisited... true edger vs. attachment edger

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
news:160620062306177836%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderst one.ca...
In article .net, I
Love Lucy wrote:

If I could learn to sharpen things, it would
be a great help as I noticed my tin snips are loose and dull and my
bulb
planters I can't get in the ground and my one shovel which is flat
that
I like, also my tile spades, all could use a sharpening.

Start he

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&p=32991&cat=1,43072,43091

A dull tool is a lot more dangerous than a sharp tool.

Yes, I'm sure you're right about that. Thanks for the link. That looks
like a great book. $22.95 on top of everything else, but I'm going to
give it some consideration. Just about all my knives are dull now. I
used to watch my father's method of sharpening them. I will have to
learn that, too. I have a knife sharpener on a can opener and just the
sound of it like it's grinding the knife up. Intuitively, I think that
is not the way to go.

Well, I found it at amazon.com for $10 and ordered it. By the time they
added some unspecified charges plus about $4 for shipping, it was
$18.91, so I cancelled it. I will call the library. Hope my
cancellation takes.