Old 18-06-2006, 10:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ima Googler

Default How much soil for a 4X4 raised bed?

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
"Ima Googler" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know approximately how much soil I'll need for a raised 4X4
bed that is about 12 inches deep? I'm trying to decide if I can just
go with bags or if I'll need so much that I should just get a truck
load.

Let's see...4x4x1 equals 16 cubic feet filled to the 12 inch line. That's
16/27 equals 0.6 cubic yard.

Thanks again everyone! I realize now that this was a simple math
question, but for some reason I thought it was more complicated. I'll
know from now on. ;-)