Old 20-06-2006, 12:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Default Rain

I hear you, Danny. We are way below normal here. While the weekend rain was
good to have, it's nowhere near enough to ameliorate the problem. Canals are
low, and foliage in some areas is hurting. Our own premises are fine,
because most of us have sprinkler systems that use well water. But the
orchids would like some really good natural drenching. It's hot, but the
humidity isn't high, so while that makes things more comfy for us, the
orchids would like more. We supplement as needed, with second daily
waterings for the Vandas and sometimes a quick spray in the afternoon for
everything else, just to cool them off a bit.

OTOH, I've seen pics of what Joe is living through in Houston, and it ain't
pretty!

Diana