Old 19-06-2006, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton

Default How do i soften my water

Well, only a minority of wild caught fishes will reach us
fish keepers and these fishes are often apathetic and ill.
Means their immune system is weak, too..

We do ok here. I see a lot fewe losses in stores these days. Maybe
they're finally getting the hang of it or maybe they die before
making it to shops I don't know.

Some fish species are used to change from softer to harder
water and back. Others seem to spend their complete
life in soft or soft _and_ acid water..

Well, little odd killifihs from gabon spend their lives
i npeay soft acid pools and do fine in LA tapwater whihc is
17Dh or something liek that. Similarly so other exotic and
tochy rainwater killies. I don't uy at all there exists a
sof****er fich than cannot live in hard water. The opposite
may well be true though.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net