Old 20-06-2006, 07:11 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
js1

Default Java Fern/Moss

On 2006-02-09, PiperJason wrote:

To top off my frustration, I have algae on all sides of the tank. I
only feed the fish a bit in the morning and at night, and he eats all I
give him in under a minute... Any advice is greatly apprechiated.

I have java moss and java fern in my 1G betta tank. I also have pothos
and bamboo growing out of if. The lighting is natural sunlight through
the windows and the room light in the evenings. I never change the water.
Just add more water when it evaporates. The java moss grows out of
control and the fern reproduces amazingly well. I couldn't get either
plant to grow in my "plant" tanks.