Old 20-06-2006, 05:54 AM posted to triangle.gardens
Susan Hogarth

Default Japanese Maple

I have a lovely japanese maple sitting close to our large magnolia and
a spot we would like to use for more vegetable gardening. My husband
suggested cutting down the maple, which I would not allow, of course.
*However*, I am really not that attached to the maple, which was here
when we moved in six years ago. I would be willing to find it a new
home, especially if someone wanted to pay for it.

Is it feasible to move a tree that is well over ten years old? (canopy
spread is probably over 10 feet across, although I'm a not a great
judge of distances). Would a nursery possibly pay for the tree?

- Susan